I suppose you are using something like https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/wiki/External-themes#spaceship-zsh. It configures your prompt to display different properties of your ZSH session. Apparently it can display your current conda environment, hence you get "(base)" in the prompt. If you'd like to learn how prompt is configured in ZSH, there is a good short introduction at http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Intro/intro_14.html. If this isn't enough, take a look at http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Prompt-Expansion.html. Roman. On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 11:35 PM Hoji, Akihiko wrote: > HI, > > I have an newbie question. I am running Oh-my-zsh in my Mac and after > installing Miniconda through Homebrew, a command prompt changed to from > “->" to "(base) -> “ Could anybody explain what this (base) addition means > and how it was created after miniconda installation. > > Thanks in advance. > > >