Many thanks for the help and advice. My .zshrc file now looks like this: ��� mikef more .zshrc source "/usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme" plugins=( git bundler dotenv osx rake rbenv ruby ) ZSH_THEME="robbyrussell" zstyle ':completion::complete:*' use-cache 1 #!/bin/zsh #Completion autoload -U compinit compinit # Correction setopt correctall #Prompt autoload -U promptinit promptinit prompt gentoo alias myip="curl http://ipecho.net/plain; echo" ��� mikef I had originally intended to install powerlevel10k but I found a wiki page on gentoo advising on installing powerlevel 9k: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Powerlevel9k i follow the instructions in it and added the source "/usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme" to the .zshrc file. When Iog in I get the following error message when I start up a terminal prompt: /home/mikef/.zshrc:source:1: no such file or directory: /usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme mikef@bucketlist ~ % Suggestions on what is wrong here are appreciated. I noticed that there is a gentoo overlay called fulgurance that might help me a bit: https://github.com/Fulgurance/fulgurance-overlay Has anyone used it on the list here? Comments appreciated. Regards MF On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 11:26, Roman Perepelitsa wrote: > On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:21 PM Michael Fothergill > wrote: > > > > A great many thanks for telling me that........ > > > > I trust it does not matter that I was never prompted with the start up > script when I installed zsh.......? > > What do you mean by the startup script? If you mean > zsh-newuser-install, it triggers automatically when you start zsh as > non-root and there is no ~/.zshrc. You can also run it manually from > zsh with the following command: > > autoload -Uz zsh-newuser-install > zsh-newuser-install -f > > > I am going to try to install powerlevel 10K next. > > > > Wish me luck. > > Good luck :-) > > > Roman. >