hello, history expansion is quite the powerful syntax for re-executing commands from history with various functionalities for automatic transformation. Since it happens before alias expansion it is not possibile to simplify the access to these functionalities though, and one have to remember and type every time the right syntax, and in case of error you have to type everything again. Is that it or am I missing some way to reuse it? I have just thought of a custom widget that could add to $BUFFER a history command of one's choice, are there other ways? Pier Paolo Grassi linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pier-paolo-grassi-19300217 founder: https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Machine-Learning-TO