Hello, I am trying to understand if it is possible to control the behavior of _gnu_generic completion. I have a command which defines different options if a non-option first argument has already been inserted on the command line, eg: command -x -y sub-command I have defined a custom completion function like this: <----- CODE # omissis code to populate the vars description_array and commands_array if [[ ${words[-1]} == -* ]] then _gnu_generic else _arguments -s -S -A '-*' \ "1:commands:->commands" \ "*:files:_files" fi case $state in (commands) compadd -V commands -a -l -d description_array -Q -U commands_array ;; esac CODE -----> Now I would like to make _gnu_generic complete with the options offered by: command subcommand --help when a subcommand has already been inserted on the command line. But I can't figure out how to do so, can anyone help me out? thanks Pier Paolo Grassi linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pier-paolo-grassi-19300217 founder: https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Machine-Learning-TO