I see, for debug purposes it works indeed, but I don't have the output of typeset +m that would have printed array for array parameters. I wanted to capture that output to test for variables of type array. Is there a way to test if a variable is of type array? regards Pier Paolo Grassi linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pier-paolo-grassi-19300217 founder: https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Machine-Learning-TO Il giorno gio 16 apr 2020 alle ore 01:55 Bart Schaefer < schaefer@brasslantern.com> ha scritto: > On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 4:43 PM Pier Paolo Grassi > wrote: > > > > is there a way to use typeset from functions to print out the definition > of > > global variables? > > typeset -p should do it, as long as a parameter of the same name has > not already been declared local. >