Hi Dana I thank you for your quick reply and I apologize for my delay (Vacation period in France) Previously Mojave was installed, the very last version Zsh version, no sorry, but I performed a brew upgrade recently Now, Zsh 5.7.1 is installed No specific configuration was done. I agree your analyse : stuck in loop I performed your recommendations. ssh bar I got a file, unfortunalty I’m not able to understand it… I see the list of server from my .ssh/config.d/hosts I see sort of loop Then I tried again and wait longer and… completion works after 4/5 seconds Same with the traditional I removed the bind key (bindkey -r '^x?’) works with few seconds delay What can I bring you as input ? Strange that the completion spends more time than Mojave env. I don’t know which programming language is used, but i seems the interpreter is less quicker in this case. I apply the very last Catalina release (2 day ago), there are a lot of small mistake with Catalina, so I guest each new version will fix these « bugs ». I perform also a brew upgrade too. No solved my issue. So it is not really a problem, but I manage hundreds of servers, the ssh command is my hourly tool… For instance, I have 45 having « multi » in their name. %> ssh multi takes 8 seconds to complete the real root name of these 45 servers. again to have the complete list of them, to select the one I want to connect with right arrow, is again few seconds. As I tell you in my 1st mail, if I specify the first characters of server name such as in my case ssh vmmulti, the completion is immediate and the next tab is also immediate. As 90% of the server names start by « vm », now I write these 2 chars in my ssh command to go faster. In Mojave env, no. Regards, Bruno > Le 23 oct. 2019 à 11:36, dana a écrit : > > On 21 Oct 2019, at 02:41, Bruno Bazille wrote: >> I installed the last macOS version : 10.15 >> I’m using iTerm2 >> brew upgrade has been performed > > Were you previously on Mojave, and it worked there? Do you know what version > of zsh you were using there, and which one you're using on Catalina? And you > didn't change anything else about your zsh or SSH configuration? > > On 21 Oct 2019, at 02:41, Bruno Bazille wrote: >> When I want to connect one of my server here below the completion issue : >> The server name I want to reach is vmbar (note all my server names start by vm) >> >> %> ssh bar >> ==> completion seems blocked > > This will probably be weird because it's getting stuck in a loop, but you can > try this. First, run the following: > > bindkey '^x?' _complete_debug > > Then, enter the problematic command to complete like you were doing before, > but instead of pressing Tab, press Ctrl+X followed immediately by ? (question > mark). > > After it gets stuck, give it a second or two, then press Ctrl+C again to abort > it. It should dump a trace file, but since you cancelled it you'll have to > find it yourself. Try: > > ls $TMPPREFIX*(.) > > Hopefully there'll be a file like zsh1234ssh1. If so, review it for any > sensitive information (since it's SSH hosts it may contain servers/IPs), > censor if necessary, and then attach the file here > > dana >