Dear zsh team, I think I might have found a bug in zsh. Here is my bug report: Steps to reproduce * add a simple RPROMPT to ~/.zshrc, e.g. RPROMPT='X' * optionally set PROMPT='$ ' to avoid side-effects of escape sequences like color codes etc. Actual outcome * the right prompt is not right aligned, it is in fact shifted to the left by one character * this means that there is one character of space wasted * it is also optically disturbing, e.g. when using tmux and the right prompt does not align with tmux's status bar Expected outcome * the right prompt should be right aligned, using the full available width of the terminal Attached is a diff for zle_refresh.c that fixes the issue for me, although I now have to compile zsh myself. It would however be great to see this corrected in an official release of zsh. Thanks for your consideration! Best, Patrick