Hello Roman, I looked into your solutions and found the brute force the easiest for me . As match I liked your solution I do not like to install additional software. Do you know if there will be any "merge" into vcs_info from your enhancements? Kind regards and thanks again, Goetz Am Di., 23. Apr. 2019 um 12:39 Uhr schrieb Roman Perepelitsa < roman.perepelitsa@gmail.com>: > On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM Roman Perepelitsa > roman.perepelitsa@gmail.com > wrote: > > The problem is here: >> https://github.com/lony/dotFiles/blob/f5f1691499e7a95a3a2e4f1e0970f0ae46f4b40e/ansible/roles/dotfiles/src/bash_zsh/.zsh_oh-my-zsh/themes/lony.zsh-theme#L69 >> . >> > I should’ve mentioned how you can fix it. The simplest fix is to add your > git aliases to the linked code. This, however, won’t fix all corner cases. > It might be possible to expand aliases there but it still won’t for > functions and scripts that call git. > > An alternative solution is to call vcs_info from precmd hook on every > prompt. This will be correct but slow. > > To solve the performance problem you can replace vcs_info with gitstatus > , which is over 10x faster. There > is an example > > you can follow. > > Powerlevel10k provides a > turnkey solution. It’s already integrated with gitstatus, it’s very fast, > and very flexible. You can configure Powerlevel10k to look like your > current scheme, if you like. > > Roman. >