Hello ZSH maintainers, I have a bug regarding the vcs_info extension. When I change my branch inside my zsh sadly it is not reflecting the current branch if I use an alias, but works if I use git checkout I traced the problem down to vcs_info as my theme is using it to render the branch name, but do not know how to solve this. [image: image.png] I use oh-my-zsh and my custom theme for oh-my-zsh hosted on github . My current zsh version is: ❯ zsh --version zsh 5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0) My aliases look like the following: ❯ alias | grep gc gc='git checkout' gco='git commit' My git version is: ❯ git --version git version 2.21.0 I run zsh inside tmux on a Mac using iTerm2, as everything is installed with homebrew it is updated to the latest version. Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it? I also posted this question on stackoverflow, if this is easier to answer somehow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55131008/zsh-vcs-info-are-not-updated-if-alias-is-used This bug maybe related to users/20807 Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and kind regards, lony