On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 9:37 AM Timothée Mazzucotelli < timothee.mazzucotelli@gmail.com> wrote: > After thinking about it more, do we really want to close the file > descriptors? > I mean, when assigning ZSH_XTRACEFD, the file descriptor it points to > must already exist, i.e. the users must create it themselves, explicitly. > We never implicitly create file descriptors for this feature, > so why would we implicitly close them? > Excellent point. Explicitly opened descriptors should be explicitly closed, except in some special cases of forked subshells.