On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 2:33 AM Bart Schaefer wrote: > > Anyway, here's a new version of my patch. Let me know what you think. > > I don't see any obvious problems with it but I don't know how to > construct a test case for any of the helpers you've edited. It would > be nice to know that this does not break the un-edited versions of > those helpers, because if those changes are required rather than just > redundant code removal, other helpers in the wild would also require > editing. > New patch here with test cases, plus a rewrite of run-help-git. All the tests succeed for both the new and old versions of the run-help-* functions (except for the old run-help-git, because the new run-help-git uses `git help` instead of `man`).