On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 16:16, Daniel Shahaf wrote: > Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote on Thu, 25 Jun 2020 19:49 +0200: > > Hi > > I think that something happened to zsystem / flock, as the following > > returns the above error under Cygwin: > > > > $ zsystem flock -t 0 -f FD -e /home/SG/.zsh_nr1 > > zsystem:34: flock: invalid timeout value: '0' > > > > Timeout of value 0 is an acceptable one - it means no waiting for the > lock, > > just try-to-lock and exit. > > You've neglected to identify the environment it works in What do you mean? I don't have access to environment other than Cygwin and I've written about the Cygwin-environment to narrow this report. > the environment number it doesn't work in I've written what has to converge to the current HEAD. > and the reason you didn't do > a bisect as courtesy prescribes. > > In this case, system.c gets so few commits that a bisect is almost > a formality. The bug is likely to have been introduced by workers/45708. > I saw the subsecond timeout changes conversation/patch and assumed that it's the cause, thus I've left the interested party to be alerted by the title. > I recommend that you test the behaviour with and without that commit > and reported the results. > > I further recommend that, if you have time, you also prepare a patch, > or at least an expected-to-fail regression test (using the 'f' flag > after the exit code). > I might prepare a patch, but I also think that the involved party might do this. -- Sebastian Gniazdowski IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net:+6697/#zinit Blog: http://zdharma.org