Hello, I've revised the patch. It has been seriously upgraded: - the checks against the termcap & terminfo functions is being ran again explicitly before deciding to link with ncurses, - more functions are being checked, namely all that I've found tests in the configure for, i.e.: besides tgetent and tigetflag, also tigetstr and tigetnum, - I've also extended the normal- i.e.: previous test with the tigetstr function, as it seems to be most important, because it's the function that's being tested for when --with-term-lib=... is being used. Besides, the update adding tinfow to the searched libs is preserved. I think that the patch is important. Ncurses is being drilled out of termcap & terminfo functions, and this means that the zsh/curses module will never be built. On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 16:39, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote: > > Hello, > I've noticed that on Gentoo the zsh built doesn't include the curses > module. Closer look revealed the cause: the ncurses libraries > (ncursesw and ncurses) don't provide the call tgetent (nor tigetflag), > only tinfo does provide it. I guess this is the next step in splitting > libtinfo out of ncurses. > > But this means that the binary can be linked to both ncurses and > tinfo. I've also checked that linking against such tgetent-lacking > ncurses and termcap works with no problems. > > The patch does: > - it allows the normal flow of the checks with no changes, > - in the "if we need to ignore ncurses" check it adds, in case of > positive resolution of the test, an additional check that verifies for > initscr() in any of ncursesw, ncurses, curses and if this check is > positive, it then allows to link against that found curses library, > - it also adds libtinfow (side to libtinfo) to the terminal libraries > searched, as such library exists on the Gentoo system. > > This way the zsh/curses module builds OK. > > I attach the git-format-patch file. > -- > Sebastian Gniazdowski > News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI > IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net:+6697/#zplugin > Blog: http://zdharma.org -- Sebastian Gniazdowski News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net:+6697/#zplugin Blog: http://zdharma.org