On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:22 AM Yannic Schröder wrote: > Maybe add some of the common alternative Linux terminals to the test? > Like Terminator and Tilix? > Thanks for the advice. Just tested these. I also added XTerm to the list. They all behave as the other terminals I've tested yesterday. So far I've tested 9 terminals on 3 operating systems. They all behave identically without my patch (the cursor position is off by one) and with my patch (the cursor position is correct). I suppose there should be a terminal on which the unpatched ZSH works correctly but so far I haven't found it. I'd really like to. If anyone here is using a terminal for which the following test works, please give a holler. 1. Type `zsh -df`. 2. Type `ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 PROMPT=12 RPROMPT=3`. 3. Observe the position of the cursor. The correct position is after '2'. All terminals I've tested put cursor on '2' -- one position to the left of correct. Roman.