This error was reported on Oh My Zsh: bracketed-paste-magic:zle:47: not enough arguments for -U If I enable tracing of the bracketed-paste-magic function this is where it errors: +bracketed-paste-magic:46> NUMERIC=1 +bracketed-paste-magic:47> zle -U - bracketed-paste-magic:zle:47: not enough arguments for -U The zle command is supposed to pass in $PASTED, but since it isn't quoted the zle call fails with an error. Looking through the commit history of the bracketed-paste-magic file it seems that commit 9cfd26bf10f530d746afadf3a04c4cf401fbbb9d was overwritten and so the quotes aren't there anymore. Pasting still works, but the error is really annoying. I don't really understand the zle system enough to know why $PASTED is empty, but just adding the quotes back again fixes it. Thanks