From: "Charles Smith (chas)" <chas@cisco.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: RE: [9fans] Dual Boot: OpenBSD <=> Plan9
Date: Fri,  6 Jun 2003 11:35:10 -0700	[thread overview]

I use Bootit NG on all of my Terminals (Tecra 8000 Laptop & 2 Desktop
PC's) & Auth/CPU Server (Dell Poweredge 2200 (single CPU at the moment)
with Images for Plan 9 , Free BSD & XP on all. My File Server is a
standalone floppy boot (Dell Dimension with Intel 100B Ethernet, LSI
Logic Controller & 2 x 10Gb SCSI & 2 x 80Gb IDE as pseudo-worm).

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html

I had a LOT of pain before I got this tool in that I could not get a
Plan9 standalone install to operate on the Tecra, let alone dual boot
with fdisk.

My 11yr & 15yr old daughters mostly boot FreeBSD but I am getting them
"gently" into Plan9. They refuse to move untill there is a Web Browser
and the concepts in the rio interface are a bit "out  there" for them at
the moment. Well as it is they have achieved top marks in Geekdom at
their schools for running FreeBSD as their desktop. A comment from my 15
year old this-morning was "Boy dad nethack is such a cool game!", it
brought a tear to my eye and I am one PROUD DAD :)

Now I just have to get my wife off of that bloody MAC and my 17 year old
boy off of that bloody XP and there will be harmony in the house again
:)

Chas