* [9fans] Still trying to acd going
@ 2006-08-07  5:52 John Boutland
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: John Boutland @ 2006-08-07  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I mailed a couple of days ago on this subject but have not found an
answer yet. It would be vey nice to get this very neat
bit of software going. Following a reply from Gabi Diaz(?) who suggested
that the Ensoniq es1371 was not supported, I dug up an oldish SB16 card
but have still had no success. From earlier postings, I've tried
audio0=type=sb16 port=0x220 (as well as audio1, type=ess1688 and various
other ports) in plan9.ini, and have run bind '#A' /dev. Following a (Dec
2000, so maybe out of date) posting from Russ Cox, I didn't enter irq or
dma; even more variables to get wrong). As I mentioned earlier,
everything works except I get no sound. I get the track title OK from
the server. Using some of these ports produces other errors, as I would
expect. Russ Cox's posting mentioned a program, tsb.c, a soundblaster
probe, but it's no longer around, at least where it used to be.
John