would somebody be interested in doing me a favor with the following [dznamic linking] (it's too much for my limited abilities, sigh.. :-) tia,++pac. >>> russ Cox wrote: >>> I made linuxemu compile again, and it seems that it doesn't support dynamically linked binaries. I don't think it's hard, but apparently never did it. http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~rsc/linuxemu.tar.gz g% 8.out bin/a.hello segattach(8000080,10b94)... hello world g% Russ > thanks a lot for linuxemu! However, I was only able to run the stuff > included with /bin. Other linux progs (sort, bc...) did not work > (see below). May it be they were dynamically linked with glibc? > Thus, isn't there a dosemu around there? (Perhaps it would be easier right, /bin is typically statically linked, while /usr/bin is dynamically linked. like i said, it wouldn't be too hard to make dynamic linking work. in theory, linuxemu ld-linux.so.1 bin/a.dynamic is supposed to work, but unfortunately ld-linux.so.1 wants to be loaded where the linuxemu text segment is. you'd need to move the linuxemu text segment somewhere else and then segdetach it before calling elfload. it's entirely doable, especially since x86 code is position independent.