From: ori@eigenstate.org
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9front git web: RSS feed broken
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:14:28 -0400

Quoth ernst@rohlicek.at:
> Greetings as of now 2021-08-29T11:13:49+00:00 the RSS feed on the 9front git is broken with the error message, more specifically the RSS feed returns:
>

> usage: date [-itunm] [-f fmt] [seconds]
> /bin/shithub/feed:53: null list in concatenation
>
> To reproudce:
>
> 1.) go to http://git.9front.org/plan9front/plan9front/HEAD/info.html
> 2.) click on "log"
> 3.) click on "RSS feed"
>
> If you find the time, please fix, thanks :-)

thanks for reporting -- forgot to update those scripts
when removing the special case 'date -m' hack.

for context: git needs RFC2822 date formats for
patch generation and such; 'date -m' was added
to support this, but this and fixing seconds(1)
made me realize how many crappy date parsers were
kicking around the system, so we fixed the apis
in libc and gave those parsers and formatters
the boot in 9front.

this was cleaning up the straggling special case
in date.