* Re: [9fans] iPAC networking
@ 2001-09-28 15:55 dpx
From: dpx @ 2001-09-28 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>Lucent Orinoco (or whatever they are now) 11m/bit wireless cards (wavelan) are
>supported.  it should not be a huge piece of work to extend that to one or
>more of the pcmcia wired ethernets.  you'll probably need to add
>the dynamic configuration entry for it to be usable.

I made some quick changes to get the linksys PCM100 v2 pcmcia network
card to work in the bitsy a while back. It needs more work, but what
i have is at:

http://www.acl.lanl.gov/plan9/bitsy/ec2t/index.html

-dp

* [9fans] rio preferences
@ 2001-09-28 23:27 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-09-28 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm here working late and I'm really quite stoned and I'm not as dextrous as
normal and consequently I keep missing the window border.

the rio man page doesn't describe any ways of changing the appearance
of the windows - border size, colours etc.

I remember trying to figure out how to change the background colour in
thr rio source code but looked a bit hairy to start messing about with
but I did find the definition of the colour grey as bitmap image (iirc
and I'm not looking now to find out :)

I'm afraid I'm one for wallpapers. Anybody considered adding such
features as configurable at runtime rather than compile time?

I tried jpg & page but you can't click on them for new windows etc.

unless there's some redirection trickery

two wrongs etc.

* Re: [9fans] rio preferences
@ 2001-09-28 23:31   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-09-28 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm here working late and I'm really quite stoned and I'm not as dextrous as
> normal and consequently I keep missing the window border.

i prefer resize.  i can't stand:

    pull[ing] on the edge of a transparent object

        -- mvs

* Re: [9fans] rio preferences
@ 2001-10-01  9:56   ` Pjotr Kourzanov
From: Pjotr Kourzanov @ 2001-10-01  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Matt" <matt@proweb.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm here working late and I'm really quite stoned and I'm not as dextrous
as
> normal and consequently I keep missing the window border.

Maybe that is not an optimal condition to work with Plan9;-)

* Re: [9fans] rio preferences
@ 2001-10-01 10:46     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-10-01 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Maybe that is not an optimal condition to work with Plan9;-)

red wine helps.