Here's the first "working" script that mounts a remote mail system and then transfers the mail from there to the local mail system. It uses a control file with the username and passwords to use in the form proto domain user password at the moment the only supported proto is pop the default location for this file is /usr/$user/mailcollector.boxes the mail is injected from $user I've only run this for a day or so but no problems so far. of course YMMV usage : mailcollector [-f mailboxfile] [-k] -f = use non-default mailbox info file -k = leave messages on the server It uses and abuses factotum but as far as I could tell factotum will only store one un/pw per service per domain which fails you when you have multiple pop boxs on the same domain. M