* [9fans] help-install problem
@ 2000-12-18 10:01 James
From: James @ 2000-12-18 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm having an install problem.
When I install Plan 9 I get a :
cp: error writing /n/9fat/9pcdisk
cp: error writing /n/pfat/plan9.ini: i/o error

After this message I create a boot disk but it don't find the files it need
to start up when I reboot.
Now when I edited the boot floppy it takes me all the way to user login.
When I log in as glenda and press enter at the password:, It goes into boot
panic and ends.
Whats the deal? I'm using the cdrom from Vita Nuova, plus i tried a
downloaded distro. I'm using a 4 gig harddrive is possible its in the
partition? How should I have the partition setup? If possible Email me so
tips.
James
brojohnson@home.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-18 10:01 UTC | newest]