Hello, I have followed Bun-bun (www.sluggy.com ) for years and started getting seriously interested in Glenda last year. After a rocky start, the relationship is starting to smooth out and I now have multiple machines running Inferno (because it was easier) and recently got Plan9 mostly running (networking is still flakey) in a VirtualBox VM. I've spent quite a while reading the documentation from the Wiki, cat-V, and the 9atom sites as well as browsing the 9fans archives. My first goal is to produce a UEFI boot loader for Plan9. Once that is accomplished, I intend to start incorporating parts of Plan9 (and/or Inferno) into the core UEFI firmware (www.tianocore.org ). I would like to have Channels, the Plan9 device abstraction and 9P protocol committed to tianocore.org later this year. The device abstraction code is actually being reviewed right now so might be committed this month. Any pointers to information on Plan9's boot loader requirements or design would be greatly appreciated. Especially information about why the existing virtual memory map was chosen. My interest in Plan9 and Inferno has taken off lately because of the IoT Fad. Security and authentication seem to be better integrated into these two OS' than (supposedly) more modern attempts. The distributed nature of the systems and the 9P protocol seem well suited to the requirements for the "Internet of Things". Also, both OS kernels appear to be relatively small and have minimal demands upon the supporting hardware infrastructure. Thanks again to the people on this list. You've been a great help and I hope to begin contributing back real soon. PS: If one is using VirtualBox, the version really matters. Under v4.2.6 I was unable to boot either the Plan9.iso or 9atom.iso. I switched to v4.3.10 and both started working with no other changes to the VM. I should really switch to QEMU, but inertia is a powerful force. Sincerely, Daryl M. Portland, Oregon USA