* [9fans] azerty vaio install
@ 2004-05-29  5:17 boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-05-29  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

nice to see the default has the kbmap stuff included.

a few small hacks to /rc/bin/termrc.local and i can type azerty.

i have to look at the network card support as ether0=ECT2 isn't sufficient.
perhaps it's a case problem.  not even damn windoze can make up its
mind where the pci/pcmcia card 'lives'; at one point it was at 0xE000,
irq 9.

makes a lotta difference when you can type at it at a reasonable speed (without
mental interpolation).

i've found a bug in the azerty map, but it's no biggy.

btw: i installed using kfs.  me being old school.

* Re: [9fans] azerty vaio install
@ 2004-05-29 10:03 ` C H Forsyth
From: C H Forsyth @ 2004-05-29 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>btw: i installed using kfs.  me being old school.

i'm surprised you hadn't done a port to the vax!

* Re: [9fans] azerty vaio install
@ 2004-05-29 12:30 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-29 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> i have to look at the network card support as ether0=ECT2 isn't sufficient.

try ether0=type=ec2t

russ

* Re: [9fans] azerty vaio install
@ 2004-05-29 13:16   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-05-29 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> try ether0=type=ec2t

that's what i had.  i shall have to rattle its cage a bit more.

the vaio's have (essentially) f/s image cd's which do quick
[~10 minute] installs, but they _don't_ always work.  i
had to pull some old [2001] openbsd install floppy to
smash the mbr into some state where the install would
proceed further.  after a couple of install over install
loops i had '98 on it and then could install plan 9.

windows: a putrid system for a putrid architecture.