* [9fans] Re: Booting up
       [not found] <20010905145603.A983F19A2F@mail.cse.psu.edu>
@ 2001-09-05 18:24 ` Nigel Horne
From: Nigel Horne @ 2001-09-05 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wednesday 05 September 2001  3:56 pm, you wrote:

>> that possibly means that the svga/xvga graphics hasn't been set
> up correctly.  which video adapter are you using?
> i also wonder whether it has left the aux/vga output on the floppy.

I thought it best to use the original plan9.ini file, so it looks like this.
I have the ever present ATI Rage Pro II card.

-------------cut here------------------------
*nomp=1
distname=plan9
partition=new
bootargs=local!/bzroot
ether0=type=NE2000
monitor=multisync75
vgasize=1024x768x24
mouseport=ps2
audio0=type=sb16
bootfile=fd0!dos!9pcflop.gz
# installurl=http://204.178.31.2/magic/9down/compressed/999187141.zaeshx9htqe98es54mzjwepkt4wim723

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325

* Re: [9fans] Re: Booting up
@ 2001-09-06  7:32 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-09-06  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i don't know which chipset the Rage II Pro uses.
there should be a file vgainfo.txt on the floppy.
what does it contain?
also, i'd try reducing the vgasize to vgasize=640x480x8 for installation
since there is slightly less to go wrong with that, and try again.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2819 bytes --]

From: Nigel Horne <njh@smsltd.demon.co.uk>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Re: Booting up
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:24:43 +0100

@ 2001-09-05 12:11 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-09-05 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

that possibly means that the svga/xvga graphics hasn't been set
up correctly.  which video adapter are you using?
i also wonder whether it has left the aux/vga output on the floppy.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1714 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:32:01 GMT

I should have added that control-P will reboot, so it looks as though
the boot program hasn't crashed, it just doesn't do anything.

-Nigel

* [9fans] Re: Booting up
@ 2001-09-05 11:32 ` Nigel Horne
From: Nigel Horne @ 2001-09-05 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)