* Re: [9fans] OT: hard realtime, timing diagram GUI.
@ 2014-05-08 15:19 Daryl M
From: Daryl M @ 2014-05-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Steve,

The only code timing-diagram-like tool I am aware of is Windriver's WindView
for VxWorks.

I have successfully used digital logic timing diagrams in the past to view
task timing and interaction.  They are especially useful for multiprocessor
systems.

I think the determining factor would be the metadata you want associated
with transitions.  (channel wait, timer interrupt, etc.)
Also, how precise you want the timing to be.  I usually use the TSC (Time
Stamp Counter) on Intel processors which gives very fine-grained timing
without fear of the counter wrapping.

Cheers,
Daryl