I don't believe that there is anything inherent in Plan 9 that makes writing parallel programs easy, especially if the machines in question are not shared memory machines. We have a thread library that is different, but not significantly so, from other thread libraries. Alef had constructs in it for parallel programming but it died from lack of support/use. The only thing we do have is an easy way to import resources from other machines. However it requires that the interface looks like a file system and you can only push that so far. It's been useful for decomposing a larger system in to a bunch of servers that can run on disparate systems/architectures. However if you have to pass messages twixt programs, it doesn't really help deciding what the messages should look like or how to marshal them.