* [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  4:51 Christoph Lohmann
From: Christoph Lohmann @ 2005-04-01  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Good morning.

Finally, after months of work, it is done; a port of Mozilla:
	http://www.r-36.net/mozilla.tgz

Some notes to the port:
	* All unneeded features are left out.

Sincerly,

Christoph

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  5:25 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2005-04-01  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Finally, after months of work, it is done; a port of Mozilla:
> 	http://www.r-36.net/mozilla.tgz

April Fool?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  5:36   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-04-01  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Finally, after months of work, it is done; a port of Mozilla:
>> 	http://www.r-36.net/mozilla.tgz
>
> April Fool?
>
> Kenji

my bet was either an MS Windows emulation layer (done by MS
themselves) or the triumphant return of Ken Thompson as our benevolent
dictator.

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  6:40 ` David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2005-04-01  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 01.04.2005, at 9:51, Christoph Lohmann wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> Finally, after months of work, it is done; a port of Mozilla:
> 	http://www.r-36.net/mozilla.tgz
>
> Some notes to the port:
> 	* All unneeded features are left out.

In fact, it is a very sad joke that the only day on which Plan-9 may
have a decent browser with sufficient support for CSS2 is the Fool's
Day.

* RE: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  7:09   ` Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 2005-04-01  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

9fans-bounces+ngr=9fs.org@cse.psu.edu wrote:
> On 01.04.2005, at 9:51, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
>
>> Good morning.
>>
>> Finally, after months of work, it is done; a port of Mozilla:
>> 	http://www.r-36.net/mozilla.tgz
>>
>> Some notes to the port:
>> 	* All unneeded features are left out.
>>

> In fact, it is a very sad joke that the only day on which Plan-9 may
> have a decent browser with sufficient support for CSS2 is the Fool's
> Day.

Mozilla is a decent browser? April Fool I think.

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  7:11     ` David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2005-04-01  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>> In fact, it is a very sad joke that the only day on which Plan-9 may
>> have a decent browser with sufficient support for CSS2 is the Fool's
>> Day.
>
> Mozilla is a decent browser? April Fool I think.

Which one is?

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  8:40       ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-04-01  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, David Tolpin wrote:

>>> In fact, it is a very sad joke that the only day on which Plan-9 may
>>> have a decent browser with sufficient support for CSS2 is the Fool's
>>> Day.
>>
>> Mozilla is a decent browser? April Fool I think.
>
> Which one is?

none. your original statement was incorrect :)

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  8:52         ` David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2005-04-01  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 01.04.2005, at 13:40, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
>> Which one is?
>>

> none. your original statement was incorrect :)

Is it because my original statement was incorrect there are so many
screen shots of Plan 9 rio desktops on the net with a vncviewer window
to a remote Windows machine running one or another
flavor of web browser?

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  8:58           ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-04-01  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is it because my original statement was incorrect there are so many
> screen shots of Plan 9 rio desktops on the net with a vncviewer window
> to a remote Windows machine running one or another
> flavor of web browser?

indeed, if you want a browser you know where to find it ☺

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  9:04             ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2005-04-01  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Actually my vnc-viewer window has Safari on OS X running in it.  It's
distributed computing.

* Re: [9fans] Mozilla port.
@ 2005-04-01  9:13               ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-04-01  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Actually my vnc-viewer window has Safari on OS X running in it.  It's
> distributed computing.

distributed computing is when you've had enough and start
distributing your compute h/w around the room at high velocities.

then you have distributed clustering ...
--
MGRS 31U DQ 52572 12604