* [9fans] 9fans.net/archive
@ 2008-08-05 20:28 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-08-05 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the threaded view is pretty useful but a good
bit of the time, i skim the list archives in order.
is there any way to get the old, unthreaded view?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9fans.net/archive
@ 2008-08-05 21:21 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2008-08-05 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ah, the old format was very nice, but to have threading at last is
very nice too, but I agree having both would be best. Is the code used
to generate the 9fans.net web archives somewhere? The output is much
better than any other mailing list web archive I have seen.

uriel

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:28 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
> the threaded view is pretty useful but a good
> bit of the time, i skim the list archives in order.
> is there any way to get the old, unthreaded view?
>
> - erik

* Re: [9fans] 9fans.net/archive
@ 2008-08-05 21:44 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2008-08-05 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> the threaded view is pretty useful but a good
> bit of the time, i skim the list archives in order.
> is there any way to get the old, unthreaded view?

Sequential messages with the same
subject get grouped so that the subject
is given only once, but there is no
reordering of messages.

Now that you know that, do you still want
the old, unthreaded view?  I can't see that
it has any advantage over the current one.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] 9fans.net/archive
@ 2008-08-05 22:31   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-08-05 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Sequential messages with the same
> subject get grouped so that the subject
> is given only once, but there is no
> reordering of messages.
>
> Now that you know that, do you still want
> the old, unthreaded view?  I can't see that
> it has any advantage over the current one.

okay.  that makes sense.  i didn't take enough
time to see if messages were being reordered
or not.

just out of curiosity, why did the yellow(ish)
background go away?

- erik