* [9fans] elnk3
@ 2002-04-29 11:07 Sam Hopkins
From: Sam Hopkins @ 2002-04-29 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Heya gang,

I'm mid-install on an ibm tp 600e standalone and I'm having
difficulty getting the pcmcia elnk3 3C589D-TP to work.  I have
a link light and the bootup recognizes it fine, but no dice on dist
download or any other network activity.

Any suggs?

Sam

* Re: [9fans] elnk3
@ 2002-04-30 13:10 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2002-04-30 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Regarding elnk3, about one month ago, I send a note to confirm
that 3C-SOHO was working well provided its ID was put within the driver.

I was obliged to downgrade to a more regular version of that card in order
to have the File Server working.

Here was the diff of the R3 original elnk3 and R3 patched elnk3 :

39,40d38
<  *	7646 PCI   3CSOHO100-TX Fast Etherlink Small Office Connect (9050 downsized clone)
<  *
1584d1581
< 	case 0x7646:
1660c1657
< if(did == 0x9055 || did == 0x7646 || did == 0x9200 || did == 0x5157){
---
> if(did == 0x9055 || did == 0x9200){

* Re: [9fans] elnk3
@ 2002-04-29 15:15 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-04-29 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Also, we don't do autodetect on the media type.
If the
	#l0: ...
line printed at boot up doesn't say 10baseT, try adding
	media=10baseT
to the
	ether0=type=3C589 ...
line in a:\plan9.ini.

Alternately, you can download the archive to a DOS partition
and point the install there, and then debug the problem
once you are up and running.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] elnk3
@ 2002-04-29 15:09 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2002-04-29 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm mid-install on an ibm tp 600e standalone and I'm having
> difficulty getting the pcmcia elnk3 3C589D-TP to work.  I have
> a link light and the bootup recognizes it fine, but no dice on dist
> download or any other network activity.

Can you send me a trace of the kernel output?