From: rog@vitanuova.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] inferno & plan9
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:22:19 +0100	[thread overview]

> If  the fs is on remote computer? Is there any possibility to mount remote fs
> without auth?  I thought that is 'impossible'. Hmm may be I'm wrong, have to
> re-read the papers.

yeah, it's no problem - it's just insecure, not surprisingly.

i just tried it; under inferno, i did:

	% listen -A tcp!myhostname!1234 {export /tmp}
	% ls /tmp | wc -l
	    168
	%

and under plan 9:

	% 9fs tcp!myhostname!1234 /n/temp
	% ls /tmp | wc -l
	    168
	%

authentication would be really nice though. it's been on my
"to do" list for ages; not hard, just a little tiresome.