From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] mallocalign?
Date: Thu,  6 Jan 2005 22:32:06 -0500	[thread overview]

It has only been used in the recent ether8169.c driver, which
hasn't seen much use I suppose (there's one person here started using
a machine with that chip yesterday as his terminal).

On an x86 there should be no real functional difference between
xpanalloc and mallocalign if the space is never freed, the memory
type and location used is similar.

You can send me more details of what you are doing off-line if
you want.

--jim