* [9fans] Can acme directory listings be customized through plumber?
@ 2021-09-15 16:13 Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2021-09-15 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi All,

I heard somewhere that it should be possible to customize directory
listings in acme via some plumber rules. I'm hoping to append the contents
of a file if it exists in a particular directory below the listing.

I'm new to plumber and curious if this is possible. If so, where might I
look to learn more about how to put this together? If not, then I might
have a look at how to program this behaviour into my own copy of acme.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: [9fans] Can acme directory listings be customized through plumber?
@ 2021-09-18 15:00 ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-09-18 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth Chris McGee <newton688@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I heard somewhere that it should be possible to customize directory
> listings in acme via some plumber rules. I'm hoping to append the contents
> of a file if it exists in a particular directory below the listing.
>
> I'm new to plumber and curious if this is possible. If so, where might I
> look to learn more about how to put this together? If not, then I might
> have a look at how to program this behaviour into my own copy of acme.

I don't believe that the kind of customization you want
can be done via the plumber.

I'd probably write my own "acme app" for this, similar
to acme mail, which I rewrote recently:

        http://git.9front.org/plan9front/plan9front/HEAD/sys/src/cmd/upas/Mail/f.html

(Feel free to steal win.c, which provides a reasonable
API for interacting with acme events)