* [9fans] state of the mirrors
@ 2009-06-01  9:14 Jano
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jano @ 2009-06-01  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have had quite some bad experience recently with the 9p sources
mirrors. I have tried kix.in, which i know ised to be more stable than
bell-labs, but my attempts to mount it via 9p have all failed. Also,
the only other mirror i have found to be able to mount was
sources.lsub.org, i modified the sources case of 9fs to say:

srv -nq tcp!sources.lsub.org lsub.org /n/sources.lsub.org && bind /n/
sources.lsub.org/sources /n/sources

with this i can mount and start the replica syncing from lsub.org, my
problem is that it seems to be in an inconsistent state:
http://friendpaste.com/5LgdD2gNM7rNkuHwpzvO2z_326264313764/raw

I find it distressing, with the instability of sources, that there are
no usable mirrors to sync from, and I wonder wether i have missed a
mirror, or is everyone else just waiting for sources to come back up?
Thanks,
John

* Re: [9fans] state of the mirrors
@ 2009-06-01  9:34 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-06-01  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'll take a look to the lsub mirror.

BTW, our main file server is pulling changes from our mirror (which is
updated daily)
and not directly from sources, and I did a pull something like two or three days
ago and didn't see anything wrong.

In any case, I'd wait for sources. We do use sources.lsub.org but
that's mostly because
it's closer and because we always pull from it.

@ 2009-06-02  6:27 ` Anant Narayanan
From: Anant Narayanan @ 2009-06-02  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Jano <sorosj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had quite some bad experience recently with the 9p sources
> mirrors. I have tried kix.in, which i know ised to be more stable than
> bell-labs, but my attempts to mount it via 9p have all failed. Also,
> the only other mirror i have found to be able to mount was
> sources.lsub.org, i modified the sources case of 9fs to say:

% 9fs kix.in /n/sources
seems to work fine for me. Are you getting a timeout?

--
Anant

* Re: [9fans] state of the mirrors
@ 2009-06-02  6:52 ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2009-06-02  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hello

I think most of users can wait a day or two to get whatever changes they need from sources, anyway we have a sources mirror in www.9grid.es (see services page for details), try it, and let me know any problems you might have.

we update it daily, but manually, so don't expect a "real time" replication.

slds.

gabi

* Re: [9fans] state of the mirrors
@ 2009-06-02  7:00   ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2009-06-02  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/6/2 Anant Narayanan <anant@kix.in>:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Jano <sorosj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> mirrors. I have tried kix.in, which i know ised to be more stable than
>> bell-labs, but my attempts to mount it via 9p have all failed. Also,
>
> % 9fs kix.in /n/sources
> seems to work fine for me. Are you getting a timeout?

cpu% srv kix.in
post...
cpu% mount /srv/kix.in /n/kix.in
mount: mount /n/kix.in: Hangup

 There is a long delay before I get Hangup. I was wondering if it was
trying to communicate with some random auth server (I certainly have
no authdom= entry for kix.in) but looks like it doesn't even get that
far:

cpu% aux/9pcon -n net!kix.in!564
Tversion 1024 9P2000
	-> Tversion tag 65535 msize 1024 version '9P2000'
read9pmsg from server: connection refused

 Again, long delay before the error.
-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] state of the mirrors
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-03  8:47 ` johnny
From: johnny @ 2009-06-03  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thank you,
sources came back up, also, this was probably due to the new usb
stuff.
The mirror probably works perfect now, i guess that's how it goes.
i was trying to update my system to see wether my problem was solved
in updates, after a series of misadventures, so sorry to anyone who
might have been offended by my previous post none of that intended :)
John