From: Gregory Pavelcak <pavelcak@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] CPU Server Wiki, auth/keyfs, and password for the machine.
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:28:17 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks Russ for the typically thoughtful and informative reply. You
are perhaps the most valuable resource on any mailing list anywhere.
There ought to be an award or something.

The reason I ask is that I missed that step the first time I tried to
set up the CPU/Auth server, but I've since gone through it all again
carefully more than once, and I stll get "connection rejected" with
my Ken's file server. (Yes I know fossil/venti is the current
standard, but what can I say, I'm, perhaps irrationally, or at least
non-rationally, attached to the old file server.)

The problem is, other than going through the Wiki and 9fans archives,
which I've done, I don't have any notion of how to find out where I
went wrong. I successfully set this up in the past. I did remember to
add IL back to pccpuf, and, as  I said, I followed the Wiki. I'm at a
loss.

Any pointers appreciated.

Greg