* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
       [not found] <32d9733a263818587ab347169fd8a312@quanstro.net>
@ 2009-06-29 17:29 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2009-06-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro, 9fans

> i don't know if this helps, but this works for me:
> 	# mount -t 9p -o proto'='tcp,name'='root 204.178.31.8 sources

Doesn't complain about the protocol, it returns without any messages.
I'm now waiting for the result of a directory listing (slow link,
traffic shaped on top of a none-too-stable WiFi connection).

You don't need quotes around the "="s, and a naked "sources" seems
like a recipe for failure.  But don't think I'm not thrilled that it
seems to work!

Thank you.

++L

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29 17:39   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-06-29 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, 9fans

> You don't need quotes around the "="s, and a naked "sources" seems
> like a recipe for failure.  But don't think I'm not thrilled that it
> seems to work!

you do if the shell you are using is rc.  admittedly, this would have
looked better
	# mount -t 9p -o 'proto=tcp,name=root' 204.178.31.8 sources
"sources" is a file name; it's the directory on which
to mount.  i've never known any shell on any os to require quoting
of file names consisting of [a-z]+.  though i'm sure this illustrates
my ignorance of esoteric and difficult oses.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29 17:59     ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2009-06-29 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro, 9fans

> i've never known any shell on any os to require quoting
> of file names consisting of [a-z]+.  though i'm sure this illustrates
> my ignorance of esoteric and difficult oses.

No, the leading "/" is recommended, or the full path, my choice of
adjective was unfortunate.  And I forgot you may have been using "rc",
I never really got the knack of using "rc" without RIO support, at
least not in the last ten years.  I used to use Byron's "rc" together
with "-" and "--", but that was a long, long time ago, before I got
hooked on Plan 9.

++L

PS: I have successfully listed the "root" on "sources".  Thanks again,
Erik.  I shan't have a need to pester EVH, although from him I'd like
to know the host from which the new v9fs can be "git"ted.  And for
anyone who cares, I still haven't broken P9P on the MIPS platform and
now v9fs works too (give or take authentication, it seems).

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-07-02 11:34   ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2009-07-02 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Er, that was meant to be the standard *Lunix* mount command.

uriel

@ 2009-07-02 11:33 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2009-07-02 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-07-01  7:47   ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2009-07-01  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> lucio@proxima.alt.za:

> but I know that I haven't yet
> found a CPU architecture I dislike more then the Intel i386

Ever tried the 6502?

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29 17:37     ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2009-06-29 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, 9fans

shot in the dark: are you root?

@ 2009-06-29 15:03     ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2009-06-29 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM, <lucio@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
>> cat /proc/filesystems
>
> Returns
>
>        nodev 9p
>
> but "mount -t 9p" returns "Protocol not supported".  Is the problem
> not within "mount"?

There are actually several modules which work together to provide 9p,
there is the 9p file system, the 9p network module (which includes as
a default the socket transport), and then additional transport plugins
(for KVM, infiniband, etc.)  Its possible you have the file system
module, but not the network module -- however, I thought the
dependencies have been setup to fix that for some time.  The best
thing to do is to turn on debug with your mount and look at the
/var/log/messages.  Linux errno error codes don't give the best error
and protocol not supported could actually mean one of several things,
the /var/log/messages with debug on will clarify the problem.  So add
-o debug=0xffff to your mount line and post the /var/log/messages
output and we'll see what we can do to help you.

Thanks,
    -eric

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29 12:14     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-06-29 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, 9fans

@ 2009-06-29  9:10 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2009-06-29  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akumar, 9fans

> Do
> you notice any outstanding differences

Well, Intel Atom versus Loongson 2f seems like a significant
difference.  I don't know enough about the i386 and less about the
MIPS R4000 the Loongson is based on, but I know that I haven't yet
found a CPU architecture I dislike more then the Intel i386.

++L

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29  8:49   ` lucio
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: lucio @ 2009-06-29  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2009-06-29  5:41 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-06-29  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

cat /proc/filesystems

* Re: [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29  5:31 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-06-29  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This seems very much like the Acer Aspire One - both in design and
features (and more people seem to have this than the Yeeloong).  Do
you notice any outstanding differences (other than Linux distrib -
Acer runs Linpus, Yeeloong runs one of several choices)?
Granted, the Yeeloong has a nice flowery print.

ak

* [9fans] 9p on Yeeloong (gNewSense Linux)
@ 2009-06-29  4:55 lucio