Thanks for the reply, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. My test page is nationalreview.com. Just to make sure I hadn't completely misdiagnosed the problem, I added `case Tag_style:' under `case Tag_strong' within switch(g.tag). Sure enough, the text I would like to get rid of came out bold. Then I tried adding case Tag_style: break; under switch(g.tag), but the text refuses to disappear. I'm doing mk clean, mk, cp 8.out /usr/gp/bin/386/mothra without complaint, but I'm not getting the desired result. Greg