* [9fans] ISO updates
@ 2002-09-20 19:01 Brandon Elam Barker
From: Brandon Elam Barker @ 2002-09-20 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm just curious as to how often the ISO images available at plan9.bell-labs.com are updated.

Thanks,
Brandon Barker

* Re: [9fans] ISO updates
@ 2002-09-20 19:08 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-20 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Not very often.  We expect people to get their
updates by running replica/pull.  The ISO image takes
a little more time to put together since we want
to make sure an install will work off it.

The ISO images for things like Python and Perl are
updated even more rarely, basically whenever there's
a reason to upgrade (like I or someone else needs
some new feature).

Russ