Oh no. Someone doesn’t like Intro to OS abstractions! Someone on the internet has an opinion about someone that you may not agree with! *clutches pearls* *swoons* You are an adult, right? You can understand people have different opinions and motivations. He and others don’t like Mr. Ballesteros’ position. Others happy to “death of the author” 9intro and appreciate the work as a text. Others don’t care. Even if you don’t agree with his motivations, I think we do need efforts for additional documentation, monograph-length books, and introductory material. We, as a point of fact, have a diverse community. Whether is it specifically about ANTS [which is a very cool project, but perhaps a more limited circle than necessary], documentation and enabling new people to discover and graduate CS students to continue working on projects exploring the Plan 9 system is kind of a good thing. We don’t just need one book. We can have lots of books. -pixelheresy > On 24. Jan 2022, at 20.33, Alexandr Babic wrote: > > keith, nice analysis, but what would you think about original post: > > >>Apparently the author of the well-known 'intro to OS abstractions' book has political views that are not cool and support oppression maybe I have heard secondhand. > > this insult to author of 'intro to OS abstractions' is worse than all vulgarities in this thread :-( > > this link is the 'intro to os abstractions' book https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjyxsD-gcv1AhWDsKQKHYgFBloQFnoECAUQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdoc.cat-v.org%2Fplan_9%2F9.intro.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3V31IcFr5AdwkH5d_JXrVu > > a.b. > > 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T627a29a7babaf29e-M23fcb304d6752ca98a70a9f8 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription