From: "Richard Hunt" <0102806H@student.gla.ac.uk>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Re: (Newbie) Problems with Riva TNT
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:44:47 +0000	[thread overview]

Uhm, some mistakes in the last message that I noticed
right away:

The actual file I used was called Sources Snapshot,
plan9-new.iso.bz2, then I burned the iso to a cd. I
only have internet access through university computers,
not on my own, so I can't install from the net.

Also, it might not be clear in the last message, but
what I am really asking for is pointers to how to
recompile the kernel first, and then if I still have
problems then advice about that.

The suggested change to the source from "> 0x20" to
">= 0x20" is already made in my copy of vganvidia.c,
and my /lib/vgadb section for nvidia is the abbreviated did=* version, but I think that this is correct.

By the way, I have been doing all of this with ed as my
text editor/pager. Am I being stupid and missing obvious
commands, or is this the only non-rio editor installed?

Thanks again,
Richard Hunt, 0102806h@student.gla.ac.uk