* RE: [9fans] tactic
@ 2004-04-01 16:13 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-04-01 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've yet to see anything that works better than SpamAssassin
> in a "real" situation (i.e. no "please confirm ..." etc.)

I backed out of SpamAssassin quickly. Turned out to be a memory/cpu
hog.

* Re: [9fans] tactic
@ 2004-04-02  9:25 plan9fans
From: plan9fans @ 2004-04-02  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

For spam filtering I use the Plan9 auto one time certificate
system (please send me back an email with this magic string in
the subject line etc.) It does increase traffic but it works
very well.

Random thoughts on Baysian filtering:

I don't understand why none of the filters seem to have an LRU
policy to keep the database size down; perhaps they do now I am
a bit out of touch.

I am impressed with CRM114's sort-of Markov chain approach which looks
much more likely to succeed. I keep meaning to try it...

I have started to get emails consisting of text rendered into an image,
and no textural content at all. This is not as much a problem to filter
as it might appear, there are image fingerprinting techniques which
are very robust to size, resolution, and colour changes. These
fingerprints could then be used another degree of freedom in a
baysian framework.

-Steve

* RE: [9fans] tactic
@ 2004-04-01 15:25 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-04-01 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> In html mail spam, some of this is in microscopic font - I
> needed to zoom
> to 32x to make out any words.

My bayesian is trained to trigger on html. I do not receive
non-spam html mail.

[parent not found: <QKKPXMWZAUGMQBSVGGFUZ@guanajuato.com>]