* [9fans] qemu cpu emulator
@ 2004-05-27 17:11 Martin Kielhorn
From: Martin Kielhorn @ 2004-05-27 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Some time ago I tried booting the Plan 9 installation CD in
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

Its much smaller than vmware.
It should have vga and network support.

I did not get very far.
Maybe someone with a working plan9 network has more luck.

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

* Re: [9fans] qemu cpu emulator
@ 2004-06-08  8:39 Marc Vertes
From: Marc Vertes @ 2004-06-08  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:12:05 GMT
Martin.Kielhorn@uni-jena.de (Martin Kielhorn) wrote:

> Some time ago I tried booting the Plan 9 installation CD in
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
>
> Its much smaller than vmware.
> It should have vga and network support.
>
> I did not get very far.
> Maybe someone with a working plan9 network has more luck.

Hi,

There was a lot of progress in qemu recently. Cvs checkout from june 6
is now able to run the plan9 install floppy image, and start the graphic
interface (after some tweaking of plan9.ini and vgadb).

The install program was stopped at partdisk stage, saying that no hard
disk was detected.

I think that qemu is now very close to run a full plan9 system. May be a
plan9 expert could help to fix the hard disk detection pb. qemu emulates
a pci ide controller.

Cheers.

Marc