* [9fans] What is the status of IPv6?
@ 2008-08-28 16:15 Antonin Vecera
From: Antonin Vecera @ 2008-08-28 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello people,

I am trying to configure IPv6 on my site, but I am no successful with Plan 9.

What I can:

- assign IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6)
- manually assign IPv6 address to my ethernet card (ip/ipconfig ether
/net/ether0 add fd32:6e43:fb94::a)

What I can't:

- assign "::1" address to loopback
- assign IPv6 addres via ndb (ip/ipconfig -N)   // I used ipv6=...
argument in sys tuple
- ping from/to any IPv6 link-local address (ip/ipconfig -6 ; ip/ping
fe80::20c:29ff:fe14:4b0a)
- ping from/to any IPv6 non link-local address
- assign IPv6 address via Router Advertisement (ip/ipconfig -6 ;
ip/ipconfig ra6 recvra 1)

Howto/Manual:

- how to write to ndb database ipnet with  IPv4+IPv6 addresses
- how to write tuple to ndb database for machine with IPv4+IPv6 addresses
	"ip" or "ipv6" atribute?

Do I something wrong?
Or is IPv6 support in very early stage?

Antonin