* [9fans] https/factotum question
@ 2006-02-21 22:54 Dave Eckhardt
From: Dave Eckhardt @ 2006-02-21 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like
I want to set up a SSL web server in such a way that
only the web server itself can sign web pages.

But it looks to me as if the closest I can come at
present is for the factotum behind /srv/factotum to
contain the RSA key tagged with "owner=none", which I
think means that anybody who is "none", not just the
one web server process and its descendants, can sign
things.

I notice in httpd.c that some things are opened before
becomenone()... would it make sense to somehow latch
onto a "private" factotum at this point and then use
it after becomenone()?

Dave Eckhardt