* [9fans] help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9
@ 2007-01-11 12:25 prem
From: prem @ 2007-01-11 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,
With the provided 2.4.3, i compiled Python-2.4.4. on Plan9.
works great otherwise except providing help
$python
[Blah compiled with 8c]
Python version 2.4.4
>>> import os
>>> help(os)

this gives me a lot of errors ....

/sys/lib/python/pyrec.py
from itertools import islice
--No module named itertools

Anybody have any idea
-Prem

* Re: [9fans] help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9
@ 2007-01-11 15:57 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-01-11 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 1/11/07, prem <prem.mallappa@gmail.com> wrote:

> /sys/lib/python/pyrec.py
> from itertools import islice
> --No module named itertools

look in Plan9, I forget the file, and am not near a machine.
Basically, since we don't do module loading (yet), you have to
statically compile the modules in. I am betting that itertools is not
compiled in. grep os Plan9/*.c and you should find that file.

I will try to post better answer once i am on a machine.

Python is quite a maze of twisty passages, i'm finding.

ron

* Re: [9fans] help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9
@ 2007-01-12  9:42 ` prem
From: prem @ 2007-01-12  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi Ron,
I have cross checked that the itertoolsmodule.c is compiled and linked
to 8.libpython, which is then linked to 8.out and copied to
/386/bin/python
Let me know if this works for you.

-Prem