Just try the floppy disk from plan9.bell-labs.com:) On 11/4/05, John Floren wrote: > > Hello everyone. > I've got an old Pentium machine here, and I'm trying to install Plan 9 > on it. It has a hard drive at primary master and a cdrom drive at > secondary master. When I put in the boot cd (downloaded from the Bell > Labs website) and try to boot, I can get as far as a boot prompt saying > boot devices: fd0 > boot from: > > After that, no dice. I've tried the old reliable > "sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz", but I get an error saying that there is no > cdboot partition on the disk. This same disk loads fine in qemu, so it > is not a burn problem. Could it be that my IDE controller is simply not > supported? Would using the 9grid.de iso image help? > Thanks > > John Floren > -- > http://nuwen.net/~digi/cluster > Jealousy is all the fun you think they have. >