* [9fans] I thought people might appreciate the humor in this:
@ 2006-12-24  3:20 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2006-12-24  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Just seeing if mercurial will 'build'.. It is choking and dying
because it can't find the errno module.

Guess people are not used to thinking about systems that don't have
error numbers :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] I thought people might appreciate the humor in this:
@ 2006-12-24  3:30 ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2006-12-24  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* [9fans] Re: I thought people might appreciate the humor in this:
@ 2006-12-24  6:08 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2006-12-24  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 12/23/06, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just seeing if mercurial will 'build'.. It is choking and dying
> because it can't find the errno module.
>
> Guess people are not used to thinking about systems that don't have
> error numbers :-)

oh, foo, it's a bug in Plan 9 python. It can't import or use any of
the compiled-in modules. More as I find it.

ron

* [9fans] Re: I thought people might appreciate the humor in this:
@ 2006-12-24  6:15   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2006-12-24  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 12/23/06, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:

> oh, foo, it's a bug in Plan 9 python. It can't import or use any of
> the compiled-in modules. More as I find it.

ok, fixed ... who do I send fixes to :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] Re: I thought people might appreciate the humor in this:
@ 2006-12-25  9:34     ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2006-12-25  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Please put a patch or tarball on sources/contrib.

I hope you are using moroo's port which is much more recent than the
ancient stuff in sources/extra.

Thank you very much for your efforts, to get hg up and running on Plan
9 has been going slowly up in my TODO list, it is by far the best(or
least bad) version control system out there, reasonably clan, small
and simple.

Best wishes and happy winter solstice

uriel

P.S.: I was disappointed to not see you at IWP9, hope to see you at
some other such event in the future.

P.P.S.: For obvious reasons I'm subscribed to 9fans, but I try to keep
up with the archives.

@ 2007-03-08 21:40     ` Le Xuan Thao
From: Le Xuan Thao @ 2007-03-08 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

> > oh, foo, it's a bug in Plan 9 python. It can't import or use any of
> > the compiled-in modules. More as I find it.
>
> ok, fixed ... who do I send fixes to :-)
>
>ron

Can I have your mercurial port? I'm trying to build mercurial and get pass the errno error (by putting errno module name into Plan9/config file) just to hit the O_CREAT wall in which I'm completely lost.