From: "ron minnich" <rminnich@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Networking problem with Plan 9 + Xen
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:26:38 -0700	[thread overview]

On 5/11/07, Eric Boston <eric.ashe.boston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/12/07, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can put my /etc/xen directory on sources if that will help
>
> Yes please, that will be very helpful.

OK, on sources I have this:
cpu% pwd
/n/sources/xen/xen3/ronslaptop
cpu% ls -l
--rw-r--r-- M 65 rminnich xen 1844108 May 11 22:18 9xenpccpuf
--rw-r--r-- M 65 rminnich xen   76945 May 11 22:16 etcxen.tgz
cpu%

I dropped my current kernel on there just for reference.

The xen scripts were hacked on by Aki and me so that, when you do
xm create -c plan9test
you see this nice stuff appear in /etc/hosts and /etc/dhcpd.conf:
10.0.1.1        plan9

host plan9 { hardware ethernet 00:16:3e:4a:2d:78; fixed-address
10.0.1.1; option routers 10.0.1.128; option host-name "plan9"; option
domain-name-servers 192.168.0.1;}

This is useful because the way xen works, it gives you a different
veth every time, so you can't easily stick with a fixed IP/MAC.

BTW Aki and I talked today and we've given up on fbdev -- THX is going
to include X11. Such is life. The fbdev stuff is nowhere close to
solid enough to depend on.

Opera has kindly agreed to let us distribute opera on the THX, but --
there's a legal agreement I have to sign. Yuck. I am afraid to sign
it.

Somebody pointed out at the BAP9UG meeting that I should just bundle
inferno (and hence Charon) onto THX instead. So, that is what we will
do.

ron