* [9fans] look and feel for iwp9
@ 2008-07-03 17:43 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-07-03 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

noble goal: look like plan 9 docs

ways to goal:
1. troff
2. tex with the right macros
3. lyx with the right layouts

so I have this paper written in lyx, if anyone has a pointer to (3), let me know

ron

* Re: [9fans] look and feel for iwp9
@ 2008-07-03 18:00 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2008-07-03 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think 1.) is the simplest and easiest, but that is just me

uriel

@ 2008-07-03 18:16 ` Rodolfo kix Garci­a
From: Rodolfo kix Garci­a @ 2008-07-03 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

ron,

look at http://9fans.net/archive/2006/11/59. There are more mails in
2006/11 and 2006/10 about TeX and iwp9.

Probably you migth convert the lyx format to TeX (LaTeX) and apply that
header.

slds.

@ 2008-07-03 18:36   ` spyros lalis
From: spyros lalis @ 2008-07-03 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Note:

I copied the "source request" from an older iwp9 call.

I think the original idea was to be able to electronically
produce the entire proceedings book, with a uniform layout,
page numbers, toc etc.

I am not sure how this worked out, especially if different
people eventually submitted source files of different nature.

But do not worry:

Worst case, the physical book will be produced by printing
(or copying) the pdf's (which should more or less look
like plan9 docs) on white pages with the right numbers
pre-printed on them, and by preparing the toc by hand.

I think this was done for the 1st iwp9 as well.

So, please do not pay too much attention to the source
requirements, this was definitely not meant to make life
(more) complicated. I can also remove this requirement
completely, if you think it might discourage people.

Spyros