From: "ron minnich" <rminnich@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] This is classic.
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:28:56 -0800	[thread overview]

For no reason that I can see I am now getting this message via a dialogue box:
Packagekit Error
Failed to reset get-updates

Then a little box I can tick for more data.

Here's where it really gets good:
A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file
(rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "Cancel" error name
"(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit")

Neat. Lots of this. So. just WTF could this all mean? It means dbus hell.

It's amazing to think of the amount of labor that could produce
something like this. And people claim Plan 9 is obscure?

ron